Upgrade / Trade Jewelry
Upgrade and Trade-In Your Diamond And Jewelry
RK & Co. Jewelers’ diamond trade-in and upgrade program allows you to bring in any diamond jewelry you no longer wear and trade it in for a new piece. Even better, it makes no difference at all where you originally purchased the jewelry that you are looking to trade in – our store, online or from another jewelry store – it just doesn’t matter. You’ll receive the best possible value for your diamond jewelry, and a beautiful brand new piece that you’ll love for years to come. You’ll also receive the same service, quality and exceptional pricing you’ve come to expect as a valued client of RK & Co. Jewelers. Just bring in your jewelry for a consultation and trade-in evaluation.
Trade-in and upgrade considerations to keep in mind:
- We accept both ladies’ and gents’ diamond jewelry. For instance, a lady’s diamond bracelet can be traded-in for a gent’s solitaire ring and/or vice versa. To be eligible for the upgrade, your new piece must be priced at least double the estimated value of your old jewelry. Our GIA Graduate Gemologist who evaluates the quality of your jewelry or loose diamond determines the value of your trade-in jewelry. You will know the exact value of your trade-in before any transaction takes place. No surprises!
- We only accept diamond-to-diamond jewelry trades or upgrade. This means the old piece you’re trading-in as well as the new piece you’ve selected must have diamonds. It also means you can only trade a diamond for a diamond or a piece of diamond jewelry for another piece of diamond jewelry. For example, you can trade in an old diamond ring for a new pair of diamond earrings. There are exceptions to this policy and the only requirement we have is that the trade must make sense for all parties. Certain diamond and gemstone jewelry can still qualify for an upgrade. The picture shown on this page is a great example of an exception. Please talk to our experts about your specific needs.
- We do not accept color gemstone and pearl jewelry for trades or upgrades. Jewelry pieces that only feature pearls, emeralds, sapphires, or any other gemstones are not eligible for trade-in. For this same reason, your trade-in cannot be used to purchase new gemstone jewelry. Also, diamonds that are chipped, cracked or have been damaged are not eligible for trade-ins or upgrades.
- You will receive the full value of the original RK & Co. jewelers purchase price. If your jewelry was purchased at RK & Co. Jewelers, our experts will be able to offer you the full value of the original purchase price (excluding charges like tax and shipping). If your original diamond ring purchased from us was priced at $2,000, your future trade-in value will also be $2,000. This also applies to the new upgraded jewelry you have selected, should you decide to trade it in at a later time.
- The new purchase price of your trade or upgrade must be at least double the original value. For example, if your original ring is valued at $500, your new earring must be priced at $1,000 or more.
- Store credit cannot be issued for a trade-in, so your new jewelry must be selected at the time of the upgrade.