Asset Loans Against Auction-Worthy Handbags in Alpharetta, GA
HERMES BIRKIN & KELLY BAGS
RK & Co. is an active lender and purchaser of handbags, but we are admittedly very particular. With jewelry loans, we will loan on anything gold, but with handbags we have very specific criteria; if the bag is not Hermes, Chanel or a close equivalent and does not have a retail price of over $5,000, then it is not for RK & Co.. We also require that the handbag is in excellent condition and in most cases we require provenance, specifically a receipt from the retailer where it was purchased. Please contact us prior to coming in and we look forward to discussing your handbags.
Below are just some of the criteria we use to determine loan value, however every asset is unique, and our appraisers will fully appreciate that:
- Brand and Model – unquestionably a major determinant of value. We currently accept Hermès and Chanel handbags only
- Material – whether your handbag is leather, crocodile, patent leather, calfskin or a different material, it will play a role in your handbag’s value
- Condition – scratches, abrasion, damage to construction and any visible wear and tear can decrease value, so we’ll note that
- Accessories – including purchased accessories with your handbag can often increase your loan value. We’ll not only admire the accessories but we’ll take them into consideration
- “Provenance” – the original box, dust cover, receipt, certificate or other papers that are associated with the handbag will add value
In addition, our appraisers combine their own current market knowledge with insights from manufacturer databases, when available; this includes Hermès and Chanel repair centers as well as auction records, from auction houses themselves and third-party data collectors. As part of our diligence we also look for a match with registers of lost and stolen items.
On occasion, we may request that you leave your items with us for further evaluation and authentication.
Other Assets We Accept:
- Fine Jewelry
- High-End Timepieces
- Bullion, Coins and Sterling Silver Flatware
- Fine Persian Rugs
- Contemporary and Modern Art
Our beautiful showroom location in Alpharetta is convenient to residents all over the metro area, including Atlanta, Buckhead, Buford, Canton, Cumming, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Duluth, Dunwoody, Gainesville, Johns Creek, Milton, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Woodstock and Vinings.