Asset Loans Against Auction-Worthy Handbags in Alpharetta, GA
HERMES BIRKIN & KELLY BAGS
RK & Co. Jewelers is an active lender and purchaser of luxury handbags, but we are very particular with what we’ll pawn. With jewelry financing and loans, we will loan on anything gold, but with handbags, our criteria is very specific; if the bag is not Hermes, Chanel, or a close equivalent and does not have a retail price of over $5,000, then our jewelry business will likely turn it down. Rk Co. Jewelers also requires that the handbag is in excellent condition and, in most cases, we require provenance, specifically a receipt from the retailer where it was purchased. For selling jewelry and handbags, please contact us prior to coming in. We look forward to discussing your handbags.
Below are just some of the criteria we use to determine loan value, however every asset is unique, and our appraisers will fully appreciate that:
- Brand and Model – unquestionably, brand is a major determinant of value. We currently accept Hermès and Chanel handbags only
- Material – whether your handbag is leather, crocodile, patent leather, calfskin, etc., material will play a role in your handbag’s value
- Condition – scratches, abrasions, damages to construction, and any visible wear and tear decreases value
- Accessories – including purchased accessories with your handbag can often increase your loan value
- “Provenance” – the original box, dust cover, receipt, certificate, or other papers associated with the handbag will add to its value
In addition to the factors stated above, our appraisers combine their own current market knowledge with insights from manufacturer databases, when available; this includes Hermès and Chanel repair centers as well as auction records, from auction houses themselves and third-party data collectors. As part of our diligence, our buyers also look for a match with registers of lost and stolen items.
On occasion, we may request that you leave your items with us for further evaluation and authentication.
Other Assets We Accept:
- Fine Jewelry
- High-End Timepieces
- Bullion, Coins and Sterling Silver Flatware
- Fine Persian Rugs
- Contemporary and Modern Art
Our beautiful showroom in Alpharetta, GA is convenient as it’s a short distance from areas including Atlanta, Buckhead, Buford, Canton, Cumming, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Duluth, Dunwoody, Gainesville, Johns Creek, Milton, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Woodstock and Vinings.