Sell Your Gold, Platinum & Silver
Get Rid of Unwanted Gold, Silver, and other Precious Metals
RK & Co. Jewelers is by far the best place in the Atlanta area to sell gold, silver, diamonds, and coins! Have you bought jewelry from those TV jewelry shows that you’ll never wear again? Did you inherit jewelry or heirloom pieces that you’ll never use (e.g. outdated, broken jewelry pieces). We purchase diamond jewelry, vintage jewelry, loose diamonds of any size, gold and silver coins, sterling silver flatware and hollow ware (i.e. spoons, forks, knives, etc.), scrap gold, silver and platinum. Rely on the experience of RK & Co. Jewelers to efficiently evaluate your items and make you the highest possible offer. Every client wants the same things – accuracy, integrity, and the assurance they have received maximum value for their items. RK & Co. Jewelers will provide these to you in a secure and comfortable environment. Please contact us to schedule your free private consultation.
Please bring in your gold jewelry, gold coins or estate jewelry for a free no obligation quote. We provide a stress free and professional environment treating clients like family. Our rates are posted on the big screen and you see exactly what you’ll get paid. You’ll LOVE the transparency, as we’ll explain the process in full detail.
All clients are taken care of on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can wait in our beautiful showroom to browse or shop our unique pieces. During this time, our associates are also available to assist you with watch and jewelry repair quotes, simple jewelry cleaning, and battery services.
Once we determine that we can purchase your item(s), we weigh them in front of you and make you an offer. If you choose to accept this offer, we will then test your item(s) in front of you to confirm the content of the metal. Upon completion of the process, we will write a check payable to you which can be cashed FREE of charge at any BB&T location.
You may also use your RK & Co. Jewelers’ issued check like cash in our store, toward the purchase of any item, repair or layaway. If there is a difference owed to you, a new check will be issued in that amount. Please keep in mind that we expedite the buying process as much as possible and we do value your time.
It’s a good idea for you to determine, before you come in, if you really want to sell sentimental jewelry, watches, family silver, etc.
RK & Co. Jewelers is now serving Alpharetta, Atlanta, Buckhead, Buford, Canton, Cumming, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Duluth, Dunwoody, Gainesville, Johns Creek, Milton, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Suwanee, Woodstock and Vinings.
• There is no charge for evaluating your items to sell.
• We will not supply you with a formal written appraisal for resale, insurance, will, estate or other legal purposes.
• We only purchase from adults 18 years of age and older.
• We do not buy from anyone whom we feel is suspect of theft.
• We do not buy pearls, plated, filled or costume jewelry.
• We do not quote any prices over the phone. We must physically see the item(s) to determine the worth.
• You must bring a valid driver’s license or other form of photo identification.
• We can only make checks payable to the person who is present with the jewelry.
• We pay you the quoted price the day you visit us in the form of a check. We cannot promise to hold a quoted price due to fluctuations in the daily gold and silver markets.
• You can leave your items for inspection without your presence if you do not care to wait to see our buyer personally. However, we cannot supply an inventory list or receipt. We only take your name and number to associate with your items. We will call when we have a quote for you and you can come to collect your check and/or items that we were not able to purchase.
HOW TO SELL GOLD, SILVER, AND PLATINUM
Buying gold and silver is big business, especially when the price of precious metals per troy ounce increases during a recession or any economic uncertainty. The last recession inspired a kind of gold rush among modern-day treasure hunters eager to strike it rich. With the price of precious metals still relatively high, selling unwanted gold and silver jewelry, gold and silver coins, sterling silver flatware and hollow-ware (i.e. spoons, forks, knives, etc.), scrap gold, silver and platinum continues to provide good opportunities for quick cash. Nonetheless, weeding out the real experts among the flock of gold buyers to get the best price can be tricky.
Here’s a guide to help you navigate the muddy waters of selling your gold and silver:
How Do I Determine How Much My Gold Is Worth?
Three variables affect the amount a seller might get for scrap gold:
1. How pure is the metal in the jewelry (karat)
2. Its weight (gold, silver and platinum are sold in troy ounces, also measured in grams or pennyweights)
3. The spot price of gold, silver or platinum
Pure gold (24K) is bright yellow and very soft. Often, other metals are blended in to give it hardness and color variation. This accounts for the different karat stamps (such as 10K or 14K) found on some jewelry.
The purity of gold and platinum jewelry is determined by testing processes such as an acid/scratch test, electronic tester, or X-ray fluorescence scans. It’s not enough to go by the karat stamp because fraud is more common in the current gold rush.
Once the purity is known, a jeweler weighs the piece of jewelry, and then calculates its per-gram value against the current market price of gold. For example, you have a 14k gold chain. That means 58.3 percent of the chain is pure gold. If the chain weighs 90 grams then 52.2 grams of the chain is pure gold. The rest is alloys.
What Things Do I Need To Consider When Selling My Gold?
Two variables in the gold selling formula never change: the karat and the weight. But the spot price can fluctuate by the minute. And the price any jeweler is willing to pay varies widely, as they balance their profit margin.
Gold buyers aren’t bound by any restrictions when it comes to buying gold. They can give you 100 percent of that day’s gold value and make nothing, or they can give you 10 percent of the day’s value and hope to make a 90 percent profit when they sell it. An established, reputable jeweler will generally pay at least 50 percent of the gold spot price minus refiner’s fees.
Do Precious Stones Affect Price Of Gold?
A jeweler or gold buyer collects gold and sells it to a refinery, which often pays more than 90 percent of market value.
If your jewelry has stones, pay close attention. This step separates the experts from the amateurs. Experts have a way of estimating, to a fairly accurate degree, the weight of the stones without removing them.
This means you will get a more true value of both the stones and the gold. If the stones are valuable, the jeweler should inform you of their worth, and discuss your options for keeping them. The amateurs will often guess at the weight and value of the stones, and many won’t even make getting them back an option.
A reputable jeweler will offer to remove any stones from the jewelry you are selling and return them to you, though there is often a price for having this work done. Some stones will be too small or chipped to be of any value, but a trustworthy jeweler will explain this to you and offer to return any stones of significance.
Even a large diamond will only have a small effect on the overall weight of a piece of gold jewelry. Don’t believe that stones make up the majority of the weight, thereby reducing the amount of gold value.
Where Can I Sell My Gold Jewelry For The Best Price?
The best advice is to visit several area jewelers and find out what they will offer for your jewelry. Here are some tips when choosing a gold buyer:
1. Choose a reputable jeweler. Look for someone who has been in your community for a while — they have a reputation to protect.
2. Make sure the jeweler has a permanent location. Always sell your gold to a place with a fixed address. Visit the location to be sure. Don’t just call.
3. Ask questions. Make sure you feel the jeweler is being transparent about how they determine the value of your jewelry.